Collection of Personally Identifiable Information by vitaseasuncare.com
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on the Site. We collect some or all of the following information from or about you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing/shipping address and phone number
- If you use our mobile application, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location or using the “Retail Locator” function on our website), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences information such as product order history and marketing preferences
- User’s date of birth and gender
- Information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your voluntary participation in a research study such as your buying habits, preferences and opinions on products and services we may offer
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your device such as: Your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, agent version, platform, SDK version, timestamp, API key (identifier for application), application version, device identifier, iOS Identifier for Advertising, iOS Identifier for Vendors, Media Access Control (MAC) address, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), Model, manufacture and OS version of device, session start/stop time, locale (specific location where a given language is spoken), time zone, and network status (WiFi, etc.).
We may log this information for system administration and improvement, order verification, marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests and applications for employment
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing and promotional communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
We and our third party service providers in the U.S. and Canada may also disclose your personal information:
- As required or permitted by law such as to comply with a subpoena, in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, order or similar legal process
- To investigate both in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Additionally, we may share email addresses (in a hashed or de-identified form) that have been provided to us by our registered users, with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges (including SNSs), to serve targeted advertisements to you about our goods and services.
California Residents If you are a resident of California, you may be entitled to certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Under the CCPA and its attendant proposed regulations, California residents have (a) the right to request access to the personal information collected in the previous 12 months; (b) the right to request deletion of personal information; and (c) the right to opt out of the “sale”, as defined under the CCPA, of personal information. These rights are subject to certain exemptions and exceptions as well as certain steps we must take to verify your identity. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, please submit your request here. When exercising your right to deletion please note that cancellation and deletion of your account will result in us and you being unable to access your account. If you have difficulty accessing the webforms hyperlinked above, in order to exercise your CCPA rights, you may also call us at 1.888.400.5454 or email us at email@example.com with a subject line of “MY CCPA Rights.” For your protection, prior to actioning on any of your CCPA requests we will need to verify your identity.
To request a notice, please submit your request to:
100 Cooper Court
Los Gatos, California 95032
Attn: VitaSea™ Privacy
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information by vitaseasuncare.com a. Opt-In Communications If you opt-in during the Site registration process or at other times when you submit personally identifiable information, the information you provide may be used by vitaseasuncare.com to create and deliver to you our newsletters, surveys or other communications containing product information, baby tips or promotion. If you prefer not to receive such Opt-In Communications, please do not opt-in to receive these communications. If you do opt-in and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these communications, see Section 13 (Choice/Opt-Out) below. b. Communications to Serve You If you have elected to provide us with your contact information, e.g., by registering at the Site, e-mailing our Customer Service department or placing an order, we may provide you with service related announcements concerning the Site or contact you regarding your customer service requests or your order. For example, all registered users will receive a welcoming e-mail to confirm their registration. These types of communications are necessary to serve you; respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of customer service that vitaseasuncare.com offers its customers.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
a. Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
b. Service Providers
c. Special Events
If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or other events during your visit to our Site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties. By choosing to participate and submitting your personally identifiable information with respect to such events, you consent to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to such third parties.
d. Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain of our assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the Site you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
- Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology When you visit this Site or view one of our e-mails, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Site and personalize your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of e-mail your browser supports. We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information.
- Use of Aggregate Information We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
- Children under 13 We take special steps to safeguard the privacy of children. If you are under 13 years of age, you may browse our Site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. For example, you cannot register or make a purchase. This Site is not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any children under 13.
- Security We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. If you have any questions about security at the Site, you can e-mail us.
- Updating Your Information You have the ability to review, change and/or correct the personally identifiable information you provide us by writing to us online. If you are a registered user, you can also review, change or correct your personal information at any time by login to your account. You may request that we deactivate your account by contacting our Customer Service.
- Choice/Opt-Out You may opt-out of receiving future Opt-In Communications from vitaseasuncare.com when you login to your account or you may change your preferences at any time by providing your contact information to Customer Service.
- Comments We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to the Site is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the VitaSea's privacy practices, please contact our Customer Service.